This individual tour is designed for people who like independent hiking with friends and family, without a professional guide!
It is possible to be hiked with a big backpack by carrying all needed things for the trip. In case you prefer hiking with a light backpack, every day luggage transports could be provided.
“Track the Roots” self-guided tour is excellent for hikers/trekkers who like to change the lodging every day/night using the minimum of transfers.
It is almost a point-to-point trekking tour with two boat trips and one car transfer as exceptions.
Following this route, you will be introduced to Boka Kotorska bay and Skadar lake’s area including hikes over Lovcen and Rumija mountains.
Some well-known and unknown highlighted sites by order: Perast, Kotor, Njegusi village, Ivanova Korita, Cetinje, Ceklin village, Rijeka Crnojevica, Virpazar and Stari (Old) Bar will be visited during the trip. All this sites are settled in Mediterranean part in south of Montenegro.
Having the opportunity to walk these forgotten and almost not used trails, you will enjoy an extraordinary touch with mountains between sea and lake.
“Track the Roots” self-guided tour passes through one UNESCO site (Boka Kotorska) and two National Parks (Lovcen and Skadar lake), but gives a lovely chance for getting involved with history and local customs.
* transfer from one of next airports: Tivat, Podgorica or Dubrovnik (Croatia) to Perast
* accommodating in Perast, Boka Kotorska bay
* exploring the site of baroque Perast
* overnight in a private house, Perast
* boating from Perast to “Our Lady of the Rocks” church/island with optional visit to its museum
* boating from “Our Lady of the Rocks” to Stoliv village at the opposite side of the bay
* hiking from Stoliv to Kotor, over Vrmac penincula
* accommodating with optional visit to Old town of Kotor
* overnight in a pansion, Kotor
* hiking from Kotor to Njegusi village, ascending the slopes of Lovcen mountain
* accommodating in Njegusi with optional visit to Njegos birth house (museum)
* overnight in a wooden cabin, Njegusi
* hiking from Njegusi to Ivanova Korita resort, NP Lovcen
* optional visit to Njegos mausoleum at the summit of Lovcen
* overnight in a hotel, Ivanova Korita
* hiking from Ivanova Korita to Ceklin village
* stop in Cetinje, the Old Capitol of Montenegro with optional visit to museum
* arrival and accommodation in a traditional Montenegrin village of Ceklin
* overnight in a family guesthouse, Ceklin
* hiking from Ceklin to Rijeka Crnojevica, positioned at banks of a river which joins Skadar lake
* boating from Rijeka Crnojevica to Virpazar with having a stop in a fisherman’s village of Karuc
* arrival in Virpazar at shore of Skadar lake
* accommodation and overnight in private room/s, Virpazar
* morning transfer to the foot of Rumija mountain
* hiking over Rumija mountain to Stari (Old) Bar nearby Adriatic coast
* accommodation and overnight in a pansion, Stari Bar
* transfer to one of next airports: Tivat, Podgorica or Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Draft itinerary is attached: click on PDF on top of this page.
Itinerary with detailed descriptions, instructions and maps we provide upon the arrival in Montenegro!
Current weather in Montenegro
Feels like 10.6°C
13°C / 5°C
Feels like 7.7°C
12°C / 1°C
|8° / 6°||10° / 4°||8° / -1°|
Feels like °C
17°C / 5°C
|20° / 7°||23° / 10°||26° / 10°|